Journeyman & Apprentice Electricians - Kearl Lake, AB
Kearl Lake, Fort McMurray
Please do not contact Shermco directly, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Position Type: Full Time
- A career defining position with an industry leader.
- Attractive remuneration plus health spending account.
- Work for an organization committed to powering a safer future.
About the Organization
Shermco provides electrical consulting, manufacturing, construction, field testing/ commissioning services, and training to the institutional, utility and industrial sectors, offering power system solutions to customers throughout North America and select international markets. Shermco has a comprehensive quality assurance program, as well as an award winning safety program.
About the Project
The Kearl Oil Sands project, located 70 kilometres north of Fort McMurray and jointly owned by Imperial and ExxonMobil Canada, is one of Canada’s highest-quality oil sands deposits.
Construction Installation: Cable Pull, Cable Tray, Switch Gear, Instrumentation, Controls, High Voltage
About the Opportunity
· Shift: 14 days on and 7 days off
· Competitive wages: JM $44.50/hour
· Overtime compensation
· 12 hour days
· Camp Accommodations
· Travel allowance & chartered flights are provided
As a Journeyperson or Apprentice Electrician you will:
- Construct, alter, repair and test all electric components that are integral to the operations of industrial activities
- Install new and maintain low and high voltage equipment
- Work in industrial and commercial work settings
- Determine appropriate selection of materials
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- A valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson Electrician Certificate or working towards an Apprenticeship
- A valid drivers license as travel will be required
The following personal attributes will facilitate your success in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, professionalism and accountability
- Analytical, time management, and logical decision making capabilities
- Calm, positive attitude under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- An aptitude and willingness to learn and proven initiative
About the Benefits
Shermco employees love their jobs. The supportive environment, room for growth, team oriented work ethic, and frequent social events mean that working for Shermco isn't about the daily grind; it's something else entirely. Shermco has been a preferred supplier for more than two decades for clients in the mining, oil and gas, utility, steel, and pulp and paper industries across North America and in select international markets. Shermco offers excellent salaries as well as several other benefits including, but not limited to, the following:
- Competitive wages $44.50/hour
- Overtime compensation
- Camp Accommodations
- Travel allowance based on location
- Shift is 14 in and 7 out
- Health Spending Account
- An energetic, positive work atmosphere
Shermco is a growing company, intent on expanding and diversifying its operations, which means that there are numerous opportunities for advancement and professional growth within the corporation.